terça-feira, 10 de fevereiro de 2009

A creator of unity


MY IDENTITY
IS A MYSTERY
BECAUSE MY STORY
IS ERASED FROM HISTORY
MY GENEALOGY
IS OF AN AFRICAN ANCESTRY
WHICH HAS LEFT A LEGACY
FOR THE WHOLE OF HUMANITY

I am crucial, rhythmic, poetic consciousness raiser
An Urban Griot over flowing with culture
Born in Liverpool to parents from Jamaica
Yes I'm Levi Tafari a unity creator

My faith is Rastafari give thanks and praise unto Jah Jah
My spiritual homeland is the land of Ethiopia
My philosophy is one love peace respect and honour
I display dynamic dreadlocks people know me as a Rasta

My skin is rich in melanin but I am more than a colour
I am a son a brother a husband and a father
I love my family I love them to the very core
They are the blessing in my life I couldn’t ask for any more

I celebrate my culture I would never abuse it
I express myself through rap hip-hop and reggae music
I am a man of the people I feel and share your plight
When it comes to revolution I will stand up for my rights

I am not monolithic my attributes they can be seen
I am a qualified chef I studied classical French cuisine
I could whip you up a meal using a single grain of rice
Then I will get you hot and steamy with some Caribbean spice

I love gracing the stage my poetry is my passion
Creating rhymes telling of the times in a poetic fashion
Travelling around the world this gives me inspiration
My poetry is a reflection of my Rastaman vibration

My community is precious to me I embrace her spirit
I always write with her in mind this is how we do it
Toxteth is my neighbourhood it's the place where I was raised
I deal with the drama of the ghetto and I never get fazed

So I've created a self-portrait of some of who I am
A human being in love with life I love this creation
I stir things up creatively for the love of humanity
Live the life I love to live as a CREATOR OF UNITY

YES I AM JUST BEING ME!


Levi Tafari

Sem comentários: